Youth for Christ South Africa, as part of Youth for Christ International, was established in South Africa in the mid 1940s. While presenting young people with opportunities to become followers of Christ, discipling them and connecting them with local churches, we are committed to caring for the whole person i.e. spiritual, mental, physical and social development.
As part of the Body of Christ, to see that every young person in every people group in every nation has the opportunity to make an informed decision to be a follower of Jesus Christ and become part of a local church
Youth for Christ South Africa (YfCSA) reaches young people everywhere, working together with the local church and other like-minded partners to raise lifelong followers of Jesus who are led by their godliness in lifestyle, devotion to the Word of God and prayer, passion for sharing the love of Christ and commitment to social involvement.
Our Statement of Faith
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God.
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.
- We believe that for the salvation of lost and sinful people regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in Christ.
These four pillars are the basis on which we carry out all our ministry activities:
- Godliness in lifestyle
- Devotion to the Word of God and prayer
- Passion for sharing the love of Christ
- Commitment to social involvement